Winter running

AT last I splashed out on new winter running shoes, Vivobarefoot Breatho Trail... and... they are bloody fantastic. They are the perfect shape for my abnormal feet, incredibly comfortable and for the first time in two years my toes don't freeze, even at -21 (Two pairs of sock though). 
They are really light and have a great tread with zero drop very barefoot feel with a little added warmth. I managed to get mine on sale, lucky me. Great trail shoe.





After running in Injinji toe socks and Vibram Five Fingers for the last couple of winters my feet and especially my toes would freeze on longer runs, so I would get discouraged and run less and shorter. I wouldnèt be keeping a decent milage or form up for the spring and summer. But now I'm free and released. It really feels like a new lease of life in winter running and I'm exploring more and loving the winter trails in snow and packed ice. The mountains are beautiful stark and with no leaves on the trees great views of the laurentian mountains and Morin Heights.






Comments

Popular Posts