Backpacks and water...

Looking for a new hydration pack. I've tried different ways to carry water, my favourite so far is in my hand, but on longer hot runs I need more than I can carry. I have a huge old hydration pack and bag that I love, its my first so I forgive it a lot, its vaguely comfy. The thing I don't like is the waist strap. Because I have tighten the shoulder straps to stop the pack moving the waist strap is almost around my chest, well definitely around the belly area.

I've tried new ones, expensive, cheap, small and large but none seems right. I also tried a belt version that drove me insane. It was bouncing so much with a full bottle that I ended up running with it in my hand, sort of defeated the purpose. But I came across this at Trail Runner Nation and followed the links...



... and I think this is the way I'm going to go. Orange Mud look like they are producing some interesting packs. Admittedly, at $90 its steep, BUT, they have a sale on for the last years, 2012 model. Looks good.

This years.

Sale model.


If anyone has tried them or any other packs I'd love to hear.

Happy trails. M.

Comments

  1. Looks good. I went for a CamelBak Octane XCT http://rungypsy.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/dsc029431.jpg
    It is bigger than this one but I wanted something that would last me 20+ miles on a summer's day. I've used it a few times and you're right about waist straps, they are more like belly straps! But I like it and it's pretty comfortable. I'll let you know when I use it in anger this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice write up! To help our friends outside of the US, use code OMOUS for 25% at checkout. Thanks! Josh, Orange Mud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Josh, thanks for sharing the MUD . . . I've taken the leap and ordered. Looking forward to running with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts