My power balls.

Now with a title like that who knows what could follow.

But, to disappoint some and relieve others, this is all about my home made energy food for my longer runs.

I made a lot and rolled them into balls for easy nibbling on route. But I actually found this size was still a bit big. Smaller and more often would be better for me.

















On 25K runs they were perfect energy food depending on how I felt I would eat a couple or more. But they really work. A couple of minutes after eating them I could feel my body responding, unfortunately they take away the pain.

But how did you make these delicious power balls I hear you ask....
So my recipe was this:


They are no bake balls that have a 3:1 carb: protein ratio.


3/4 cup peanut butter (homemade).
3/4 cup Wholewheat flour.
3/4 cup Oats.
1/2 cup Honey.
As many as you want Chocolate chips.
1/4 cup Sprouted mung beans... I read about adding whey powder for protein but I had some sprouted seeds and beans around and went for that protein instead.

Heat the honey and peanut butter so its runny, mix and then add everything else. Roll into balls, keep in the fridge. Run and eat.



Comments

  1. Are you sure you didn't pick those up on the way?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts